Developed to cater for all levels of experience with focus on individual goals
The Gracie Barra Program Structure defines three main stages of development for students: the GB¹ Program – Jiu-Jitsu Fundamentals, the GB² Program – Advanced Jiu-Jitsu, and the GB³ Program – Expert Jiu-Jitsu. These stages indicate different maturity levels and students upgrade from one to the other in their own natural progression.
GB¹ - Fundamentals
The GB¹ Program teaches the basic principles of effective fighting to individuals like you. Its structure condenses an immense diversity of Jiu-Jitsu into core fundamental moves combined intelligently and safely to optimise your learning. At this stage of training, you will:
- Have a very good understanding of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and the Gracie Barra self-defence system
- Enjoy significant gains in your overall fitness level
- Expect considerable weight loss and increase in flexibility
- Improve your sleep, energy and concentration
- Improve your self-confidence
GB² - Advanced Jiu Jitsu
While the GB¹ Program focuses on the building blocks and basic principles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the GB² Program is built on high-level techniques and drills that start shaping the students game flow through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time as well as transitions between one technique and another. You will find the GB² Classes perfect for taking your Jiu-Jitsu to the next level.
GB² Program classes are based on a defined class structure and curriculum that take a broad and open-minded approach, incorporating techniques from different grappling styles like wrestling, judo, sambo, and most importantly, Gracie Barra Jiu-Jitsu.
At this stage of training you will start:
- Shaping your Jiu-Jitsu game flow by working with the instructor on your favourite moves
- Developing transitions between Jiu-Jitsu techniques
- Experiencing further improvements in overall fitness level
- Seeing a massive change in your body due to muscle tone building
- Seeing yourself stronger and with better overall energy
- Possibly stepping up to participate in Jiu-Jitsu competitions